Table of content:
|What is Digitalization?|
|How can Digitalization help in the election?|
|Social media platforms of BJP|
|Digital marketing campaign strategy of BJP|
|The future of politics in the digital platform|
What is Digitalization?
- Digitalization is the process in which any kind of business model changes by using digital technology.
- The process by which a traditional business can turn into a digital business.
How can Digitalization help in elections or politics?
- Digitalization has the power to simplify the voting process.
- Electronic voting machines can count votes more quickly and accurately.
- Online voter registration can help to verification in identifying the voter.
- Nowadays, election campaigning is also accessible by commercial and social media.
- Most of the young voters are mostly active in online platforms.
- BJP use the online platforms for connecting with friends socially as well as getting trending news and all. So any political party can attract this young voter in the online platform.
Social media platforms of BJP:
The digital marketing strategy of BJP (Bharatiya Janta Party) gave them a massive success in their election. They have used digital platforms with full force for a social media campaign, and they wanted to use the digital platform to connect with people and reach out to young voters.
As a result, now Narendra Modi is known as ”The Man of Digital India.” BJP has the maximum number of followers, and Narendra Modi is one of the most followed leaders of the world across social media. The list of social media platforms used by BJP are:
- Facebook: compare to his competitor BJP owns the highest number of fans on Facebook, approx 16 million. His videos have more than 269 billion views.
- Twitter: Modi has approx 47.5 million followers on Twitter, which makes him the third most followed person on Twitter. He has 52 million interactions.
- YouTube: The official YouTube channel of BJP has 1,647,776 subscribers and over 4 million views. The official YouTube channel of Narendra Modi has 2,523,009 viewers and approx 26 million views.
- Except for this, all Modi has more than 609 million interaction in likes, shares, etc. On Instagram and LinkedIn platform.
All kinds of social media platforms helped BJP to achieve a historical election win.
Digital marketing campaign strategy of BJP:
Multiple social media pages:
- They have made all kinds of social media pages to reach among the people. They have created many pages for the different age groups of voters. By which pages they can give information about the new scheme of government about their works, achievements, etc.
- The pages are like the MyGov India page, which has been launched in 2015 and has approx 1 lakh followers on Facebook. A nation with NaMo, which is another pro-BJP Facebook page. This page has more than 1.3 million followers. This page is for posting political ads and showing positive sides of BJP to help people to choose the BJP government and help them to compare the government with the other ruling party.
Every religion has a different page:
- BJP digital marketing team tried hard to connect with people not only at the national level but in the state level also. For every state, there has a separate social media page like BJP Gujarat, BJP Delhi, BJP Uttar Pradesh, etc. Also, they have different pages for major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, etc.
- most of the people in India can understand Hindi. But in every state, they have some religious language like Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Marathi, etc. So BJP tries to make their social media post in every holy word. So that if any people don’t understand Hindi, they will be able to know about the works of BJP. It really helps full for the common man.
Using LinkedIn for targeting professional people:
- LinkedIn is a social media platform for professional people. Narendra Modi also has a LinkedIn profile that has 26 lac followers. BJP wants to connect with intellectual and professional people through that platform, which can give them success in a modern way if they can influence these intelligent persons.
- BJP has spent a large amount of money on Google or any other social media for political ads. They spend more than 20 crores on Google or YouTube or any other social media.
The future of politics in the digital platform:
Just like BJP and Congress, many political parties started to use the digital platform for their work, but till now, it’s not popular among all. The change has just begun. But if all the parties can be active in the digital platform and can use digital technologies, it will be successful and significant political change.
Digital platforms are open up for political strategies, but they also need so much research to make digital politics successful. Current politics will not be understanding without understanding the changes.
In future digital platforms will play a huge part in politics. Every party should take a good strategy to implement their work. Good content or video post can make a massive change in people’s minds. A good ad campaign can create an effect on winning an election. Moreover, digital technology and platform will be a huge part of politics and voting. Branding and awareness is an essential part of the marketing strategy, which can be possible through digital platforms.
Frequently Asked Questions:
A. Digital platform helps a political party to campaign and post about their strategy and new implements. Digital platform helps them to connect with people and reach them.
In future digital platform will take a very big part in politics. Every party should take a good strategy to implement their work. Good content or video post can make a huge change in people’s mind. So nowadays digital platforms take a huge part in politics.
A. It was a project launched in 2015 by PM Narendra Modi. The motive of the project was to improve digital infrastructure and provide online government service to the citizen of India. To make the digital platform easy for every citizen of India.
A. Digitalization has the power to simplify the voting process. Electronic voting machines can count vote more quickly and accurately. Online voter registration can help to verification in identifying the voter. There are many other way to use digital technology in election process.
Read Our Blog on: