What is Google Adwords?
Google advertising is a paid system, through which system or network a business brand or company can share their messages through a video ad content. Google was founded in 1998, it is a search engine.
Generally, all kind of online user uses Google to search for anything and everything. Google provides thousands of relating products, videos, and images according to search.
Google ads are known as Google Adwords. It has become one of the world’s largest most popular payment advertising platforms. In this platform, a user needs to pay only when he clicks on similar techniques but Google is so commonly used by consumers and advertisers.
Advantages of Google Adwords:
The advantages of using Google Adwords are:
- You can reach among as many people as you can through Google Adwords. By Google ads, you can derive traffic to your official web site instant.
- Sometimes SEO also doesn’t work as quickly as Google Adwords it is better than old fashioned SEO techniques By Google Adwords you can target your audience by location which is help full for local business.
- With the help of Google Adwords you can measure your expenses and effort and what return you gain by investing the expenses and efforts. It will help you to understand how much your ads are helping in your business.
- In Google Adwords, you can collect a huge number of data at a very quick time which will help you to see what happened a big number of visitors drive to your sites.
- Google Adwords is not expensive. In Google Adwords you can set your budget you can specify what amount you want to spend and can set a maximum cost per click for your keyword after that you just need to pay for clicks. It will control your expense.
- You can control your ads in Google Adwords. You can turn on and off your ads as per your recommendation. Turn on when you want your visitors to see the ads and turn off when you have enough enquires about those ads.
Disadvantages of Google Adwords:
There have some disadvantages also to using Google Adwords.
- In every click in Adwords there will be a charge for the company there is no matter if any viewer is purchasing the product or not. You may spend money on that kind of viewer who has no intention to buy your product.
- You need to invest your time to manage your Google Adwords. After the campaign, you need to ensure that it is done properly and then you need to give enough time to monitor all the activities.
- Compared to SEO Google Adwords has a very short self-life. It means if you became fail to make payment for a Google Adwords then it can remove your presence from Google Adwords.
What are Facebook Ads?
Facebook advertising also a paid system just like Google advertising, but it allows the business or company to spread its message by advertising through the world’s largest social network. The Facebook ad has an advantage that it knows about our social behavior.
Maybe we are not aware of it but subconsciously we are revealing our information on Facebook about ourselves so it’s easy for it to attract us by relating ads which we prefer.
By that, all information an advertiser can easily target their specific consumer. For this specific reason, Facebook ads are more popular with small business owners. This feature many advertising platforms can’t provide.
Advantages of Facebook ads:
The advantages of Facebook ads are:
- Facebook has a billion active user which is a great advantage for small business owners. It gives a high chance to target more people for your ads. By that, you can reach your consumers directly.
- Facebook ads have an affordable price range. You can reach your consumers with a low price rate which many ads programs can’t provide. You can adjust your budget while you are using Facebook ads for your business.
- we can connect with your viewers or followers through the Facebook group who follows your all kind of ads or new announcement.
- In Facebook ads, there is more character length for your ad description than Google Adwords. Even you can create an image based on your ads through Facebook ads.
Disadvantages of Facebook Ads:
Facebook ads also have some disadvantages. They are:
- There is no guarantee to sell the product through Facebook ads. Many followers check ads but it does not mean they all are buyers of your product.
- There is a huge chance to get lots of negative feedback from unsatisfied customers. And it can create a negative impact on your business. Many new followers can take those negative feedback seriously and they refuse to be your consumer for that reason.
- You need a lot of time to handle your Facebook page and ads. It’s time-consuming. For that, you need to hire some person as a social media manager of your business. And you need to pay them as well.
Differences between Google Adwords and Facebook Ads:
Google Adwords and Facebook ads are advertising platform and both are work on a pay per click basis. Both platforms are available to promote your brand, business, or product. Both of them charged a certain amount of money on every click in your ads.
That means you need to pay for a per-click in your add when any person is clicking on your add the charge will be deducted from you. The main difference between them is Adwords helps you to find new customer but on the other hand in Facebook ads new customer finds you.
Google Adwords Vs Facebook Ads: Paid search Vs Paid social
Google Adwords is known as a paid search platform. Paid search is paying for your ads on a search engine result page. By paid search, your ad works based on a target keyword and text-based advertisement, rather than the target audience.
It works on a pay per click basis, in that process when anyone clicks on your ad a certain amount of money will be charged from you. By Google Adwords users are paying for potential to find new customers based on the keywords and the terms they enter to search in Google.
Through Google Ads, you can advertise on Google search, Google Maps, Google pay, Google display network, YouTube.
Facebook Ads are an example of paid social which is generally the practice of advertising in social media. Though Adwords and Facebook Ads both try to reach consumers by promoting advertise.
But thought these two platforms are similar but there has some difference between them. Paid search helps to target customers by keyword search but on the other hand, paid social tries to help a user find the business based on the things they are interested in.
Through Facebook ads, you can advertise on the Facebook news feed, Instagram, Facebook messenger.
Google Adwords Vs Facebook Ads: Audience size
Both Google and Facebook have a large number of audience. Every day Google handles more than 3.5 billion searches, and Facebook has a daily active user approx 1.45 billion.
So your target audience for advertisement is the presence of both of this platform. But you need to choose the right one by your self you need to ask some questions to your self to choose the right platform for your advertising.
Like is your products or ads search-oriented? Is your target user active on this network? Is this network can give you profit or your expense will be more in this network? If you get all the positive answers after all the questions then you can choose the particular network for your ads.
Even though both the network has a huge number of users but it can’t help you if no one has the actual intention of buying your product.
Google Adwords Vs Facebook Ads: Cost
Cost is a very important factor for any kind of business. In that case, Google Adwords has a more average CPC (Cost Per Click) than Facebook Ads.
The average CPC for Google Adwords is $2.69 but this varies upon the industry. But Facebook has an average $1.72 CPC. Paid social is cheaper than Paid search.
But you need to keep in mind that although Facebook Ads are cheaper there is a low chance of getting actual consumers than Google Adwords. There is a high chance of becoming customers of the product who are searching for it in Google Adwords.
On the other hand, Facebook Ads can create great awareness but if some followers are watching your ads there is not any surety they will become your customer.
Another benchmark of its is CPA (Cost Per Action). Generally, the CPA will vary by campaign. It depends upon how well targeted your ads are how they can convert at a high rate.
In the case of CPA also Google rate is higher than the Facebook rate. The average CPA for Facebook Ads in the overall industry is $18.68 and on the other hand average CPA for Google Adwords in the overall industry is $48.96 for search and $75.51 for display.
Google Adwords Vs Facebook Ads: Targeting options
You can get the option for targeting a specific audience through both of them. On both platform Google Adwords and Facebook Ads, you can target your audience by location, age, gender, income level, and many other things.
Though both of the platforms have the option of targeting people in that sector Facebook became the winner because of its advanced process of targeting people than Google Adwords.
Facebook collects any information about its users and it allows you to use that information for targeting people for your particular product.
Google Adwords Vs Facebook Ads: Ad format:
In the case of Ad format, you have more space and you can be more creative on Facebook than Google. Facebook is a better platform to create brand awareness and loyalty.
In Google Adwords, there is a very short space to give a description or text about your product to catch potential customer’s eyes. But there is an option call ad extensions for add additional text but overall your format will be limited to text in search ads.
But on Facebook, you can use visual impact also. If you are in an e-commerce business then visual. The component of Facebook helps you a lot.
Which platform should be chosen for your business? Facebook Ads Vs Google Ads!
Every new business owner confused about choosing the best platform for their business. For that, you have to ask few questions to yourself to choose the right option.
At first, you need to find a goal for your business. If you want to do more sales in a short time then Adwords is the best option for you. But if you want to expand your new business and need a great number of audiences in a short time then Facebook is a better option than google.
Generally, Google will help you to sell your product but Facebook will help you to give you a new audience and will help you to promote your new product easily.
So you need to understand first which is important for your business? To reach among the new people or sell your product easily. According to your need, you can choose the platform which will full fill your need.
Conclusion: Google Adwords and Facebook Ads both are a platform for advertising your product and both work on a PPC basis. Both platforms are available to promote your brand, business, or product. Both of them charged a certain amount of money on every click in your ads. The main difference between them is Adwords helps you to find new customer but on the other hand in Facebook ads new customer finds you. You need to use both of the platforms according to your need.
frequently asked questions:
Here are some frequently asked questions about Google Adwords Vs Facebook Ads:
|Q. Which one is more profitable for a startup in between Google Ads and Facebook Ads?|
A. Both of the channels are good for promoting your startup business. There are some pros and cons in every platform you need to research about the two platforms and need to set your goal about your business and then choose the suitable one which can full fill your most of the target or goals.
|Q. Is Facebook ad cheaper than Google?|
A. In comparison with Google Ads, Facebook ads are cheaper. Google Adwords has more average CPC (Cost Per Click) and CPA (Cost Per Action) than Facebook Ads. The average CPC for Google Adwords is $2.69 but this varies upon the industry. But Facebook has an average $1.72 CPC. And the average CPA for Facebook Ads in the overall industry is $18.68 and on the other hand average CPA for Google Adwords in the overall industry is $48.96 for search and $75.51 for display.
|Q. Which one is better for business Google Ads or Facebook Ads?|
A. It depends upon in which purpose you want to use ads in your business. If you want to do more sales in a short time then Adwords is the best option for you. But if you want to expand your new business and need a great number of audiences in a short time then Facebook is a better option than google.